Tips for Acing a Media Interview
If your client has an upcoming appearance on the news or a talk show, it is your job as their Public Relations team to make sure they are prepared.
Here are some tips to keep in mind in order to ease their nerves and to make the most of this opportunity:
- Know your key messages. Try not to go down a rabbit trail. Stay focused on the key points you want the audience to remember.
- Practice makes perfect. Write down questions you believe the reporter might ask and practice responding to them.
- Dress the part. Steer clear from stripes, distracting patters, and loud colors. Look neat and professional.
- Talk to the reporter. Stay focused on the reporter and avoid looking into the camera.
- Have a call to action. Be sure you know all the information and have the correct spelling on your social media or website.
- Watch your arms and hands. Be mindful of your hands when speaking and avoid crossing your arms.
- Have fun! Be sure to smile and remember to have a good time!